- 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs, skin removed and cubed
- 12 oz. can of pasta sauce with Italian seasoning
- 2 fresh tomatos
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/2 cup slices mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (substitute 1tbsp. red wine vinegar)
- 1 tsp. dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2tbsp. olive oil
- bacon bits
Heat olive oil in the bottom of a large skillet or wok over medium heat. Saute onion for a couple minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute.
Add chicken to the skillet and cook until it’s no longer pink. Add tomato, red pepper and broccoli and red wine vinegar and and half of the chicken stock. Cover for a couple minutes to steam veggies.
Uncover and add pasta sauce, stir. Add the corn starch to the remaining chicken stock and stir well. Pour into skillet and stir well. Sauce with thicken upon stirring.
Serve with cooked quinoa or pasta, if desired.