HOW TO MAKE HALLOWEEN BROWNIE CUPCAKES
Original recipe by: Two Sisters Crafting – BROWNIE CUPCAKES FOR HALLOWEEN
For this recipe, you will need:
- Box Brownie Mix (of your choice)
- Box White Cake mix (of your choice)
- Cupcake Liners
- The Best Buttercream Frosting
- Halloween themed Sprinkles (or DIY Sprinkles)
- Pastry Bag
- Wilton 2D Decorating Tip (or similar)
- Eggs (number will depend on what kind of box cake/brownie mix you get)
- Vegetable Oil (amount will depend on what kind of box cake/brownie mix you get)
- Water (amount will depend on what kind of box cake/brownie mix you get)
- Line two 12-muffin pans with cupcake liners of your choice*
- First mix up the brownies following the directions on the box.
- Second, mix up a box of White Cake Mix and color it with orange food coloring. (you can use yellow and red if you don’t have orange)
- Add a large spoonful of brownie mix to the cupcake liners. The brownie batter should only go about 1/3 of the way up the cupcake liner. You definitely want more cake batter than brownie batter here.
- Next, cover the brownie batter with the orange cake batter leaving enough space for the cupcakes to rise. Bake the cupcakes as you normally would, 15-20 minutes in a 350 degree oven (or as directed on the box)
- Make a batch of The Best Buttercream Frosting to top your Brownie Cupcakes. It is quite easy to make and so yummy! You will find the recipe by Two Sisters Crafting and detailed instructions on how to make it there. I used a pastry bag and a Wilton 2D Decorating Tip to swirl on the frosting.
- Then, top your Halloween Brownie Cupcakes with some Orange and Black Sprinkles! (I found mine at the Bulk Barn) Alternatively, I’ve heard it’s easy to make your own sprinkles, if you’re up for the challenge, try these DIY Sprinkles recipe by Two Sisters Crafting.
I was very pleased with how these Brownie Cupcakes turned out! I was making them for a bake sale at work and they were truly a hit! Everyone loved the two different textures in the cupcakes and how the flavours went together so well. Not to mention how they were perfectly themed to Halloween!
*I ended up with extra batter so I made some mini Halloween brownie cupcakes to keep for myself