We were having a bake sale at work recently and I wanted to make something that was gluten free and vegan for everyone could enjoy. I came across this fantastic recipe for Raw Coconut Date Bites. They did not disappoint!
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup nuts (I like almonds and walnuts)
- 1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
- While dates are soaking add nuts, cacao, shredded coconut and chia seeds to processor and mix.
- Add coconut oil and dates and process.
- If mixture is too dry add either a tablespoon of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
- Let mixture sit in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into bite size ball size.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut.
Keep refrigerated. These also store very well in the freezer!